Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Some Shout Outs


Updated 3/2017-- photos and all links removed as many no longer are active and it was easier than checking every one. 

Grand Rounds 4:39 comes to us from the South Pacific this week. It is hosted by David Khorram at his blog, Marianas Eye. David is an eye surgeon and author. You can check out the book here. Back to grand rounds, here's what David has to say:
I’ve always wanted to be a newspaper editor, not because I want to edit, but because I want to write headlines. And not for a respectable paper like the New York Times. Maybe for a newspaper, like the Enquirer -- you know, where an editor can have some creative freedom with the facts. So, finally, I get my chance with this week's Grand Rounds. Sometimes the headlines I’ve written relate to the post, sometimes, they are just a whacked out free associations. Like all headlines, their purpose is to get you to read the posts. I hope I can entice you. There are some really great writers out there. Great job everyone.
I say he did a great job! Hope you will check it out.

Dr David Loeb will be the guest this week on the Dr Anonymous Blog Talk Radio Show. Dr David is a pediatric oncologist at John Hopkins. It should be a very interesting interview. I hope you will join us in the chat room.
Tips for first time Blog Talk Radio listeners (from Dr A):
For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:
*Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the BlogTalkRadio site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier.
*To get to my show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Click to Listen" button. Then, of course, press the "Click to Listen" button.
*You can also participate in the live chat room before, during, and after the show. Look for the "Chat Available" button in the upper right hand corner of the page. If you are registered with the BTR site, your registered name and picture will appear in the chat room.
*You can also call into the show. The number is on my show site. I'll be taking calls beginning at around the bottom of the hour. There is also a "Click To Talk" feature where you do not need a phone to call into the show - only a microphone headset. Hope these tips are helpful!

And a reminder to get those posts in for the FINALE edition of the FIRST season of SurgeXperiences! The host will be anaesthesist Dr. T at her blog Notes of an Anesthesioboist on Sunday June 22, 2008. Deadline for submission is midnight Friday June 20th. T's request:
Tonight I was honored once again to be invited to host the SurgExperiences blog carnival for its final edition of the season, SurgExperiences 124, to be posted on June 22. I am considering the theme "Secrets and Surprises," but the last time I thought I might have a theme, the collected works morphed into something else - so again, the "theme" isn't written in stone!
Please submit your posts here or email her directly at anesthesioboist@gmail.com with a link to your post.
Here is the catalog of past surgXperiences editions for your reading pleasure. If you wish to host a future edition, please contact Jeffrey who runs the show here.


No comments: